It is time to cut stress with these stress-busting tips:
1. Exercise regularly. Exercise helps reduce stress, improve mood, and boosts overall health. It also helps you sleep better. The NHS recommends at least 150 minutes of exercise a week that gets your heart beating faster.
2. Build a support network. Whether it is friends, family, neighbours, work colleagues or people you meet in clubs or societies, good lasting friendships help you feel warmth, security and connection.
3. Keep a positive attitude. Glass half-empty? Look for silver linings and good news in amongst the negative things in your day.
4. Let it go. As the song suggests, let go of negatives. Accept that there are things you cannot control.
5. Be assertive. Assert your feelings, opinions or beliefs firmly without getting angry, defensive, or passive.
6. Find ways to relax. Learn to meditate. Try relaxation recordings. Listen to the great music of classical composers.
7. Develop new interests. Having a sense of adventure can help you reduce stress. Listen to your dreams. Find things to be passionate about. Find a hobby. Be creative.
8. Get enough rest and sleep. When you’re under stress, your body needs time to recover. Give it the rest it needs.
9. Eat healthy, balanced meals. Your body needs good nutrition to help fight off the effects of stress.
10. Volunteer. When you spend time helping others, you take the focus off yourself and get a feeling of accomplishment.